Another wonderful Bible promise is that God redeems our life from destruction or as another Bible verse puts it… He redeems my soul from the power of the grave.
So what does God redeems our life from destruction mean?
It means God has delivered us from the grave. Other ways of stating this is… God has rescued us from the grave, he has paid the ransom to get us out of death, he has provided a kinsman-redeemer.
Another way to look at it is that a life without God just leads to destruction. Your life is destructive without him and eventually, you end up in utter destruction – death.
Death is corruption which is another meaning for the word destruction and to blunt your body rots when you die (corruption) – and similarly, a life without God is just a rotten life – or no life at all because you are dead in your trespasses and sin.
The good news is that God redeems our life from destruction and of course we know that the ultimate fulfillment of this was in Jesus Christ.
He paid the price (the ransom, redeemed us) and delivered us from the power of the grave. So well may we say…
- O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory? (1 Cor 15:55)
So let’s dive in and have a deeper look at Psalm 103:4…
God Redeems Our Soul From The Power Of The Grave
- Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies. (Ps 103:4)
- The word redeem also means: to ransom, deliver, act as kinsman-redeemer
- The word destruction also means: the pit, the grave, corruption
- Psalm 49:15 says God will redeem my soul from the power of the grave: for he shall receive me.
- Psalm 107:20 says God sent his word and healed me, and delivered me from my destructions.
- Other versions state: God rescued me from the grave. God snatched me from the door of death.
- Psalm 40:2 says God brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings.
- Mark 10:45 says Jesus came to give his life a ransom for me.
- Isaiah 35:10 amazing declares as one of the ransomed of the Lord, I shall come to Zion with songs and everlasting joy upon my head: I shall obtain joy and gladness, and sorrow and sighing shall flee away.
- Jeremiah 31:11 says The Lord has redeemed me and ransomed me from the hand of him who is stronger than me.
- Gal 1:4 says Jesus gave himself for my sins, that he might deliver me from this present evil world, according to the will of God and my Father.
- Colossians 1:13 says God has delivered me from the power of darkness, and has translated me into the kingdom of his dear son.
- I Thessalonians 1:10 explains that Jesus has delivered me from the wrath to come.
- 2 Timothy 4:18 says The Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me unto his heavenly kingdom.
21 Bible Affirmations
- God has redeemed my life from destruction
- God has ransomed my life from destruction
- God has redeemed my soul from the power of the grave
- God sent his word and healed me
- God has delivered me from my destructions
- God has rescued me from the grave
- God has snatched me from the door of death
- God has brought me up from a horrible pit
- God has brought me up from the miry clay
- God has set my feet upon a rock and established my goings
- Jesus came to give his life as a ransom for me
- Because I am ransomed by the Lord I will come to Zion with songs and everlasting joy
- I shall obtain gladness and joy and sorrow and sighing shall flee away
- The Lord has redeemed me and ransomed me
- Jesus gave himself for my sins
- Jesus has delivered me from this present evil world
- God has delivered me from the power of darkness
- God has translated me into the kingdom of his dear Son
- Jesus has delivered me from the wrath to come
- The Lord shall deliver me from every evil work
- The Lord will preserve me for His heavenly kingdom
In summary, what an awesome God?
God has rescued us from the grave through his son Jesus Christ.
The ransom has been paid on our behalf. We guilty and worthy of death yet God device a plan whereby we could die to our sins and still avoid the grave.
You may also be interested in… God Pardons Your Iniquities (Taken Away Your Punishment For Sin) and 56 Bible Statements About Believing (What To Believe & Benefits)
Latest posts by Bigal (see all)
- Follow After These Things and These Things Will Follow You - June 2, 2022
- 17th Nisan: Amazing Bible Events On This Date (April 17th?) - March 27, 2021
- The Miraculous Mighty Works Power Of God - February 11, 2021