Discover the wonderful things that the Bible says about God forgiving our sins. Oh… what a marvelous undeserved privilege God has afforded us.
The very thought that God is willing to forgive us is such an expression of love that it is beyond human compression…
And the most amazing statement of all is the fact that God is READY to forgive us.
You know what it is like to be ready for something to happen. You have been waiting for someone – ready for them to arrive.
You have been ready to go out. You have been ready to run out onto the field to play sport. You are ready for the weekend to arrive.
To be ready is to wait for it with anticipation and prepare for it.
God is ready to forgive. He is looking forward to it, waiting for it, and is prepared for it. Hallelujah!
God Is Ready To Forgive
- For thou, Lord, art good, and ready to forgive; and plenteous in mercy unto all them that call upon thee. (Ps 86:5)
The word ready also means: willing, prepared, prepared to do something, and readiness of mind…
1st – God is ready: In Psalm 86:5 it says God is ready to forgive me.
2nd – God is willing: 2 Peter 3:9 says God is not slack concerning his promise, but is longsuffering towards me and God is not willing that I should I perish. He actually wants me to live forever.
3rd – God is prepared: In Romans 9:23 it says I am one of Gods vessels of mercy and he will make known to me to the riches of his glory and that beforehand he has prepared me to glory. In Hebrews 11:16 it says God is not ashamed to be called my God and he has prepared for me a city.
4th – God is prepared to do something to forgive: Romans 5:8 clearly shows how much God is prepared to do something to forgive my sins. God demonstrated his love toward me, in that while I was still a sinner, Christ died for me.
5th – God has a readiness of mind to forgive: 2 Timothy 1:9 says God has saved me, and called me with a holy calling, not according to my works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given to me in Christ Jesus before the world began. Acts 2:23 says that Jesus was delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God. It was God’s prearranged plan – certainly shows a readiness of mind to forgive.
20 Affirmations Of Forgiveness
- God is ready to forgive me
- God is prepared to forgive me
- God is willing to forgive me
- God is even prepared to do something to forgive me
- God has a readiness of mind to forgive me
- God is longsuffering toward me
- God is patient with me
- God is not willing that I should perish
- God wants me to live forever
- I am Gods vessel of mercy
- God will make known to me the riches of his glory
- Before the world began God has prepared me to glory
- God is not ashamed to be called my God
- God has prepared a city for me
- God demonstrated his love towards me, in that while I was still a sinner, Christ died for me
- God has saved me
- God has called me with a holy calling
- God has called me as a part of his purpose and grace
- God called me in Christ before the world began
- God has forgiven all my sins and weaknesses
God Forgives ALL My Iniquities
- Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases. (Ps 103:3
The word iniquities also means: perversity, depravity, sin, guilt, absence of moral or spiritual values.
- Psalm 103:10 says God has not dealt with me after my sins, nor rewarded me according to my iniquities.
- Psalm 130:8 declares God will redeem me from all my iniquities.
- Isaiah 53:5 shows me how Jesus was wounded for my transgressions; he was bruised for my iniquities: the chastisement of my peace was upon him and with his stripes I am healed.
- Romans 4:7 says I am blessed because my iniquities are forgiven and my sins are covered.
- Hebrews 8:12 and 8:17 says God will remember my sins and iniquities no more.
- Titus 2:14 declares that Jesus gave himself for me, that he might redeem me from all iniquity.
- The NLT version says Jesus gave his life for me to free me from every kind of sin, to cleanse me, to make me one of his very own people.
16 More Affirmations Of Forgiveness
- God forgives all of my iniquities
- God has not dealt with me after my sins
- God has not rewarded me according to my iniquities
- God has redeemed me from all my iniquities
- Jesus was wounded for my transgressions
- Jesus was bruised for my iniquities
- Jesus took on the punishment so I could have peace
- By Jesus stripes I am healed
- I am blessed because my iniquities are forgiven
- I am blessed because my sins are covered
- God remembers my sins and my iniquities no more
- Jesus gave himself for me to redeem me from all iniquity
- Jesus gave his life for me
- Jesus freed me from every kind of sin
- Jesus cleansed me
- Jesus made me one of his very own people
To The Lord Our God Belong Mercies and Forgiveness
- To the Lord our God belong mercies and forgivenesses, though we have rebelled against him (Dan 9:9)
How great is God’s forgiveness that he shows us mercy even though er have rebelled against him…
- Daniel 9:9 says that even though I rebelled against him, the Lord my God is merciful and forgiving.
- Hebrews 8:12 declares that God is merciful to my unrighteousness, and my sins and my iniquities he remembers no more.
- Ephesians 1:7 says that in Jesus I have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace.
- Psalm 85:2 declares God has forgiven my iniquities and has covered my sins.
- Jeremiah 31:34 says the Lord has forgiven my wickedness and will remember my sins no more.
- Micah 7:18 says who is God like unto thee, that pardons my iniquity and passes by my transgressions, Who retains not his anger forever because he delights in mercy.
- Micah 7:19 continues by proclaiming that God will have compassion on me. God will subdue my iniquities. God will cast all of my sins into the depths of the sea.
16 Affirmations Of Forgiveness & Mercy
- The Lord my God is merciful and forgiving even though I have rebelled against him
- God is merciful to my unrighteousness
- My iniquities and sins God remembers no more
- In Jesus I have redemption through his blood
- In Jesus I have the forgiveness of sins according to the riches of his grace
- God has forgiven my iniquities
- God has covered my sins
- God has forgiven my wickedness
- God does not remember my sins
- God pardons my iniquities
- God passes by my transgressions
- God does not stay angry with me
- God delights in mercy towards me
- God has compassion on me
- God subdues my iniquities
- God has cast all my sins into the depth of the sea
God is Faithful and Just To Forgive Our Sins
- If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. (1 John 1:9)
God is faithful – someone who you can trust. Steadfast and unmoveable…
- 1 Corinthians 1:9 reinforces that God is faithful toward me and God has called (invited) me into the fellowship of his dear son Jesus Christ my Lord.
- Hebrews 10:23 encourages me to hold fast to the profession of my faith without wavering; for God is faithful and he has promised.
- 1 John 1:9 reminds me that if I confess my sins, God is faithful and just to forgive me my sins, and to cleanse me from all unrighteousness.
- Deuteronomy 7:9 declares that I know therefore that the Lord my God, That he is God, the faithful God, which keeps covenant (promises) and mercy with me who loves him and keeps his commandments to a thousand generations.
- 1 Thessalonians 5:24 says that faithful is God who called me and who will also do it.
- 1 Thessalonians 5:23 says the very God of peace will sanctify me wholly; and my whole spirit, soul and body will be preserved blameless until the coming of the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Jude 1:1 also reminds me that I am preserved in Jesus Christ.
- 1 Peter 1:3-5 makes the following remarkable declarations… I am one of the elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father through the sanctification of the Spirit. According to Gods abundant mercy he has begotten me again to a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.
- The lively hope includes an inheritance that is incorruptible, undefiled and that doesn’t fade away. I have an inheritance reserved in heaven for me. I am kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.
17 Affirmations Of Forgiveness & God’s Faithfulness
- If I confess my sins, God is faithful and just to forgive my sins and cleanse me from all unrighteousness
- God is faithful to me
- God has invited me into the fellowship of his dear son Jesus Christ my Lord
- I will hold fast to the profession of my faith without wavering because I know that God is faithful and he has promised
- I know that the Lord my God is God
- I know that the Lord my God is the faithful God
- I know that the Lord my God keeps his promise
- I know that the Lord my God keeps his covenant with me
- I know the Lord my God keeps his mercy with me
- The very God of peace will sanctify me wholly
- My whole spirit, my soul and my body will be preserved blameless until the coming of my Lord Jesus Christ
Faithful is God who called me and who will also do it
- I am preserved in Jesus Christ
- I am one of the elect according to the foreknowledge of God my Father through the sanctification of the Spirit
- According to God’s abundant mercy he has begotten me again to a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead
- My lively hope is an inheritance that is incorruptible, undefiled and can never fade away
- I am kept by the power of God
- I have an inheritance reserved in heaven for me
God Has Not Dealt With Me According To My Sins
- He hath not dealt with us after our sins; nor rewarded us according to our iniquities. (Ps 103:10)
God is so gracious he does not give us what we deserve…
- Lamentations 3:22 says It is of the LORD’S mercies that I am not consumed, because his compassions fail not.
- In verse 23 it says that the Lord’s compassions are new every morning and great is his faithfulness.
- Matthew 18:27 describes how the Lord has moved with compassion, and loosed me and forgave me my debt.
- Other translations say the Lord is filled with pity and has released me, or let me go and canceled my debt.
- Col 2:14 says Jesus wiped out the handwriting of requirements (charges, legal indebtedness) that was against me, which was contrary to me (condemned me). And he has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross.
- That is why in Roman 8:1 it says because I am in Christ Jesus I now have no condemnation.
- John 5:24 reminds me that if I hear Jesus word, and believe on God the Father who sent Jesus, then I have everlasting life, and I shall not come into condemnation, but I will pass from death to life.
- Romans 6:22 says that now I have been made free from sin and become a servant to God, I have my fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.
14 Affirmations About God’s Compassion
- It is of the Lord’s mercies that I am not consumed, because his compassions fail not
- The Lord’s compassions toward me are new every morning and great is his faithfulness
- The Lord Has moved with compassion and loosed me and forgave me my debt
- The Lord is filled with pity for me
- The Lord has canceled my debt and let me go
- Jesus wiped out the legal indebtedness that was against me
- Jesus wiped out the charges that were laid against me
- Jesus has taken all of my debt out of the way, nailing it to the cross
- I now have no condemnation in Christ Jesus
- Because I hear Jesus word and believe in God who sent him then I have everlasting life
- I shall not come into condemnation
- I will pass from death to life
- I have been made free from sin and have become a servant to God
- I have fruit unto holiness and the end everlasting life
As Far As The East Is From The West, So Far Has God Removed My Transgressions From Me
- As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us. (Ps 103:12)
As far as the east if from the west – 2 points that cannot join together – that’s how far our sins have been removed…
- Colossians 2:11-13 talks about an amazing operation that has taken place (compared to circumcision) resulting in the removal of our sins. In Jesus I am circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ.
- (The NLT version says When I came to Christ, I was circumcised, but not by a physical procedure. Christ performed a spiritual circumcision – the cutting away of my sinful nature.)
- I am buried with Jesus in baptism. I am also risen with Jesus through the faith of the operation of God, who has raised Jesus from the dead.
- And I, being dead to sins and the uncircumcision of my flesh, has Jesus enlivened together with him, having forgiven me all of my trespasses.
- Romans 6:3-8 also is similar to the above. I know that when I was baptized in Jesus Christ I was baptized into his death.
- Therefore I am buried with him into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so I should walk in newness of life.
- For if I have been united together in the likeness of his death, certainly I will be in the likeness of his resurrection.
- I know that my old sinful self is crucified with Jesus, that my body of sin might be destroyed, that from now on I should not serve sin.
- For I who is dead and freed from sin. Now that I am dead with Christ, I also believe that I shall also live with him.
16 Affirmations About How God Has Removed My Sin
- Through the circumcision of Christ he has removed my body of sin
- In Jesus I am circumcised with the circumcision made without hands
- Christ performed a spiritual circumcision by cutting away my sinful self
- I am buried with Jesus in baptism
- I am also risen with Christ through the operation of God
- I am dead to sins because my old sinful self has been cut away
- I have been enlivened by Jesus Christ
- Jesus has forgiven me all my trespasses
- I know that when I was baptized into Jesus Christ I was baptized into his death
- I am buried with Jesus into death
- Like as Christ was raised from the dead, I should walk in newness life
- If I have been united with Jesus in the likeness of his death I certainly will be in the likeness of his resurrection
- I know that my old sinful self is crucified with Jesus and my body of sin has been destroyed
- From now on I will not serve sin
- I am dead in Christ therefore I am free from sin
- Now that I am dead in Christ I also believe I also shall live with him
In summary, praise the Lord for his grace and mercy. We wouldn’t stand a chance without his forgiveness and what Jesus paid for on the cross on our behalf we can never repay.
You may also be interested in… What Did Jesus Write In The Sand – The Finger Of God
Latest posts by Bigal (see all)
- Follow After These Things and These Things Will Follow You - June 2, 2022
- 17th Nisan: Amazing Bible Events On This Date (April 17th?) - March 27, 2021
- The Miraculous Mighty Works Power Of God - February 11, 2021