Below we have listed a number of Bible verses about the steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD. In particular, we look at the word ordered and explore all the other ways this word has been translated in the scriptures so we can see what it means to have our steps ordered by the LORD.
A Quick Summary Of All The Variations:
- The steps of a good man are prepared by the LORD.
- The steps of a good man are established by the LORD.
- The steps of a good man are made ready by the LORD. The path is there ready for you to walk (steps) upon it.
- The steps of a good man will result in provision by the LORD. He will provide (make away) for the steps of a good man.
- He will make the steps of a good man right – he will correct – recalibrate – redirect – continually set right.
- The steps of a good man are fixed or set by the LORD. As in unmoveable – fixed or set fast.
- The steps of a good man are directed by the LORD.
- The steps of a good man are fashioned by the LORD.
- The steps of a good man are made certain by the LORD.
- The steps of a good man are confirmed by the LORD.
All of the above are fulfilled in the New Testament in what Jesus provided through the cross, his resurrection, and providing us a way to be filled with the Holy Ghost.
The Steps Of A Good Man Are Ordered By The LORD
- The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down: for the LORD upholdeth him with his hand. (Ps 37:23-24)
What Is The Meaning Of Steps?
The Hebrew word for steps is (mits`ad) and simply means steps or goings. It can also be found in the following Bible verse…
- Man’s goings are of the LORD; how can a man then understand his own way? (Prov 20:24)
Are Ordered By The LORD
The word ordered is an interesting one and the Hebrew word (kuwn) has been translated a lot of different ways in the Old Testament including:
So let’s look at how some of these relate to our steps being ordered by the LORD…
Another way the word ordered is used in scripture is to prepare. The steps of a good man are prepared by the LORD.
God Prepared A Place For Israel
- Behold, I send an Angel before thee, to keep thee in the way, and to bring thee into the place which I have prepared. (Ex 23:20)
God Has Prepared His Throne For Judgement
- But the LORD shall endure for ever: he hath prepared his throne for judgment. (Ps 9:7)
God Will Prepare The Heart Of The Humble
- LORD, thou hast heard the desire of the humble: thou wilt prepare their heart, thou wilt cause thine ear to hear: (Ps 10:17)
God Prepares Rain For Things To Grow
- Who covereth the heaven with clouds, who prepareth rain for the earth, who maketh grass to grow upon the mountains.
- Thou visitest the earth, and waterest it: thou greatly enrichest it with the river of God, which is full of water: thou preparest them corn, when thou hast so provided for it. (Ps 65:9)
God Prepares His Goodness For The Poor
- Thy congregation hath dwelt therein: thou, O God, hast prepared of thy goodness for the poor. (Ps 68:10)
God Has Prepared The Light And The Sun
- The day is thine, the night also is thine: thou hast prepared the light and the sun. (Ps 74:16)
God Has Prepared His Throne In The Heavens
- The LORD hath prepared his throne in the heavens; and his kingdom ruleth over all. (Ps 103:9)
Another way the word ordered is used in scripture is to establish. The steps of a good man are established by the LORD.
If It Is Established By God He Will Shortly Bring It To Pass
- And for that the dream was doubled unto Pharaoh twice; it is because the thing is established by God, and God will shortly bring it to pass. (Gen 41:32)
- And David perceived that the LORD had established him king over Israel, and that he had exalted his kingdom for his people Israel’s sake. (2 Sam 5:12)
- And when thy days be fulfilled, and thou shalt sleep with thy fathers, I will set up thy seed after thee, which shall proceed out of thy bowels, and I will establish his kingdom.
God Will Establish The Just
- Oh let the wickedness of the wicked come to an end; but establish the just: for the righteous God trieth the hearts and reins. (Ps 7:9)
God Established The Earth
- The earth is the LORD’S, and the fulness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein. For he hath founded it upon the seas, and established it upon the floods. (Ps 24:1-2)
- He hath made the earth by his power, he hath established the world by his wisdom, and hath stretched out the heaven by his understanding. (Jer 51:15)
God Will Establish Your Goings (Making Your Steps Secure)
- I waited patiently for the LORD; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry. He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings. (Ps 40:1-2)
God Will Strengthen Those Who He Establishes
- With whom my hand shall be established: mine arm also shall strengthen him. (Ps 89:21)
Commit Your Steps To The LORD And He Will Establish (Bring To Pass) Your Thoughts
- Commit thy works unto the LORD, and thy thoughts shall be established. (Prov 16:3)
- Ponder the path of thy feet, and let all thy ways be established. (Prov 4:26)
God Will Stablish You According To The Gospel
- Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began. (Rom 16:25)
Jesus Will Stablish Your Heart
- To the end he may stablish your hearts unblameable in holiness before God, even our Father, at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ with all his saints. (1 Thess 3:13)
Jesus Will Stablish You In Every Good Word And Work
- Now our Lord Jesus Christ himself, and God, even our Father, which hath loved us, and hath given us everlasting consolation and good hope through grace, Comfort your hearts, and stablish you in every good word and work. (2 Thess 2:16-17)
Jesus Will Stablish You And Keep You From Evil
- But the Lord is faithful, who shall stablish you, and keep you from evil. (2 Thess 3:3)
- But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.
Another way the word ordered is used in scripture is ready. The steps of a good man are made ready by the LORD. The path is there ready for you to walk (steps) upon it.
Ready To Forgive
- For thou, Lord, art good, and ready to forgive; and plenteous in mercy unto all them that call upon thee. (Ps 86:5)
Ready To Save
- The LORD was ready to save me: therefore we will sing my songs to the stringed instruments all the days of our life in the house of the LORD. (Is 38:20)
Salvation Is Ready
- Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. (1 Pet 1:5)
Another way the word ordered is used in scripture is to provide. The steps of a good man will result in provision by the LORD. He will provide (make away) for the steps of a good man.
He Provides Food For The Animals
- Who provideth for the raven his food? when his young ones cry unto God, they wander for lack of meat. (Job 38:41)
He Provides The Harvest
- Thou visitest the earth, and waterest it: thou greatly enrichest it with the river of God, which is full of water: thou prepares them corn, when thou hast so provided for it. (Ps 65:9)
He Will Abundantly Bless Her Provision (Zion, Church)
- I will abundantly bless her provision: I will satisfy her poor with bread. (Ps 132:15)
He Will Provide (Make A Way)
- There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it. (1 Cor 10:13)
Another way the word ordered is used in scripture is right. He will make the steps of a good man right – he will correct – recalibrate – redirect – continually set right.
- Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me. (Ps 51:10)
- A man shall not be established (made right) by wickedness: but the root of the righteous shall not be moved. (Prov 12:13)
Fixed or Set (Ordered):
Another way the word ordered is used in scripture is fixed. The steps of a good man are fixed or set by the LORD. As in unmoveable – fixed or set fast.
- My heart is fixed, O God, my heart is fixed: I will sing and give praise. (Ps 57:7)
- O God, my heart is fixed; I will sing and give praise, even with my glory. (Ps 108:1)
- He shall not be afraid of evil tidings: his heart is fixed, trusting in the LORD. (Ps 112:7)
- Which by his strength setteth fast the mountains; being girded with power: (Ps 65:6)
Another way the word ordered is used in scripture is direct. The steps of a good man are directed by the LORD.
As Jeremiah stated we need the Lord to direct our steps, to set us right, because we just don’t have the ability to do it ourselves.
- A man’s heart deviseth his way: but the LORD directeth his steps. (Prov 16:9)
- A wicked man hardeneth his face: but as for the upright, he directeth his way. (Prov 21:29)
- O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps. O LORD, correct me, but with judgment; not in thine anger, lest thou bring me to nothing. (Jer 10:24-25)
Another way the word ordered is used in scripture is fashioned. The steps of a good man are fashioned by the LORD.
- Did not he that made me in the womb make him? and did not one fashion us in the womb? (Job 31:15)
- Thy hands have made me and fashioned me: give me understanding, that I may learn thy commandments. (Ps 119:73)
In summary, many more things could be said however as you have already seen from all of the order my steps scriptures God does indeed order the steps of a good man.
In every aspect, he orders our steps, directs our paths, made ready a path, sets us right, establishes us – fixed, stable, secure, safe, fastened, made certain, he fashions us into being what he wants us to be and confirms the steps of a good man.
There are so many ways that all of these things can tie into the New Testament.
He confirms – these signs follow believers.
He shall direct our paths – the Holy Ghost.
He will make a way – Jesus’ death and resurrection.
He fashions us – he is the potter we are the clay – be not fashioned after this world.
He set us right – repentance and grace.
And lot’s more.
You may also be interested in… Is There A Hedge Of Protection For Christians
Latest posts by Bigal (see all)
- What Does It Mean To Pray In Tongues? - November 9, 2020
- What is an Oxgoad? (Are You Kicking Against The Pricks?) - November 9, 2020
- Discover The Vital Importance Of The Baptism Of The Holy Spirit - September 11, 2020