Psa 14:5 - There were they in great fear: for God is in the generation of the righteous.
- Psalm 112:5 – “A good man sheweth favour, and lendeth: he will guide his affairs with discretion.”
- Proverbs 2:7-8 – “He layeth up sound wisdom for the righteous: he is a buckler to them that walk uprightly. He keepeth the paths of judgment, and preserveth the way of his saints.”
- Psalm 34:15 – “The eyes of the LORD are upon the righteous, and his ears are open unto their cry.”
- Psalm 97:10 – “Ye that love the LORD, hate evil: he preserveth the souls of his saints; he delivereth them out of the hand of the wicked.”
- Proverbs 1:33 – “But whoso hearkeneth unto me shall dwell safely, and shall be quiet from fear of evil.”
- Psalm 37:17 – “For the arms of the wicked shall be broken: but the LORD upholdeth the righteous.”
- Psalm 1:6 – “For the LORD knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish.”
These verses reflect similar themes of God's protection and guidance for the righteous, and the contrasting fate of the wicked.
Personalizing The Above As Christian Affirmations
- I am part of God’s generation of the righteous.
- I stand in reverence, for the LORD is with the righteous.
- I will show favor and lend.
- I will manage my affairs with discretion, as a good person does.
- The LORD has stored up sound wisdom for me, for I strive to be righteous.
- He is my shield as I walk with integrity.
- God guards my path and preserves my way because I am His saint.
- The eyes of the LORD are upon me, for I am righteous.
- His ears are attentive to my cry.
- I love the LORD and renounce evil.
- The LORD preserves my soul and delivers me from the wicked.
- I will live in safety and be at ease, free from the fear of harm, as I listen to God’s wisdom.
- Though the arms of the wicked may be strong, the LORD upholds me because I am righteous.
- The LORD knows my way, for I am righteous.
- I will not perish like the ungodly, for the LORD guides my path.
A Good Man Shows Favour, and Lends: He Will Guide His Affairs with Discretion
Psalm 112:5 - "A good man sheweth favour, and lendeth: he will guide his affairs with discretion."
“A good man”: This phrase describes a person who is moral and virtuous in their actions.
“sheweth favour, and lendeth”: Here, the verse is highlighting the generous and kind nature of a good person. They are willing to give help and support to others.
“he will guide his affairs with discretion”: This part of the verse tells us that a good person will manage his personal and business matters wisely and with careful thought.
He Keeps the Paths of Judgment, and Preserves the Way of His Saints
Proverbs 2:7-8 - "He layeth up sound wisdom for the righteous: he is a buckler to them that walk uprightly. He keepeth the paths of judgment, and preserveth the way of his saints."
“He layeth up sound wisdom for the righteous”: This means God provides deep and clear wisdom for those who do right.
“he is a buckler to them that walk uprightly”: God protects those who live with integrity.
“He keepeth the paths of judgment”: God ensures that the ways of fairness and justice are maintained.
“and preserveth the way of his saints”: He guards the lives of His devoted followers.
The Eyes of the LORD Are Upon the Righteous, and His Ears Are Open Unto Their Cry
Psalm 34:15 - "The eyes of the LORD are upon the righteous, and his ears are open unto their cry."
“The eyes of the LORD are upon the righteous”: This means that God watches over those who do right. God’s attention and care are focused on them.
“and his ears are open unto their cry”: This shows that God listens when these people ask for help. God hears them when they call out.
The verse suggests that God is always watching and listening to people who live good lives and follow His ways. It's like having someone powerful keeping an eye out for you and lending an ear when you need it most.
He Preserves the Souls of His Saints; He Delivers Them Out of the Hand of the Wicked
Psalm 97:10 - "Ye that love the LORD, hate evil: he preserveth the souls of his saints; he delivereth them out of the hand of the wicked."
Ye that love the LORD: This phrase speaks to those who hold a deep affection for God, implying a relationship that is not just about respect but also about love.
hate evil: This part suggests a strong aversion to wrongdoing or sin. It aligns with the idea that love for God naturally leads to a rejection of what is evil.
he preserveth the souls of his saints: This tells us that God protects the life or essence of those who are devout and dedicated to Him, whom the verse refers to as saints.
he delivereth them out of the hand of the wicked: This indicates that God rescues His faithful followers from the power or influence of evil people.
Whoso Hearkens Unto Me Shall Dwell Safely and Shall Be Quiet from Fear of Evil
Proverbs 1:33 - "But whoso hearkeneth unto me shall dwell safely, and shall be quiet from fear of evil."
whoso hearkeneth unto me: This part of the verse means anyone who listens to and follows wisdom. In Proverbs, wisdom is often personified and is speaking to people.
shall dwell safely: This phrase suggests that those who follow wisdom will live without harm. They will be protected from danger.
and shall be quiet from fear of evil: This means they will not be afraid of bad things happening. They will live in peace because they follow wisdom’s advice.
For the Arms of the Wicked Shall Be Broken: but the Lord Upholds the Righteous
Psalm 37:17 - "For the arms of the wicked shall be broken: but the LORD upholdeth the righteous."
“For the arms of the wicked shall be broken”: This phrase means that those who do wrong or evil will eventually face consequences. Their power or strength will fail.
“but the LORD upholdeth the righteous”: This part tells us that God supports and maintains those who are morally right and just. It’s like saying that God has the backs of good people.
For the Lord Knows the Way of the Righteous: but the Way of the Ungodly Shall Perish
Psalm 1:6 - "For the LORD knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish."
The LORD knoweth the way of the righteous”: God is fully aware of the lives and choices of good people.
“but the way of the ungodly shall perish”: Those who choose not to follow God’s ways will ultimately fail.
Latest posts by Bigal (see all)
- Represent Your Culture: We Are People Of Faith – Faith Culture - November 24, 2023
- The Power of Faith in Christ: Insights from Matthew 9:2 - November 24, 2023
- I Have Not Found So Great Faith, No, Not in Israel - November 24, 2023