Rom 1:4 - And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:
- Empowered by the Spirit: I am empowered by the same Spirit of holiness that declared Jesus to be the Son of God.
- Witness to the Resurrection: I am a witness to the power of the resurrection, through which Jesus was declared the Son of God with power.
- Living in His Authority: I live under the authority and victory of Jesus Christ, who was vindicated by the Spirit through His resurrection.
Exploring the original Greek meanings of keywords from Romans 1:4
- Declared (ὁρισθέντος, horisthentos): This Greek word implies being marked out, determined, or appointed. It suggests a definitive action, an official or authoritative decision.
- Son of God (υἱοῦ θεοῦ, huiou theou): This title reflects a unique relationship with God, not just in a general sense of divinity, but as a specific acknowledgment of Jesus’ unique status and role.
- Spirit of Holiness (πνεύματος ἁγιωσύνης, pneumatos hagiosynēs): This phrase connotes not just any spirit, but the Holy Spirit, characterized by holiness and divine presence.
- Resurrection from the dead (ἀναστάσεως νεκρῶν, anastaseōs nekrōn): This term emphasizes the act of rising from the dead, signifying triumph over death and a new form of existence.
Using these expanded meanings, here are additional affirmations:
- Marked by God’s Decision: I am marked by God’s definitive action, just as Jesus was declared with power to be the Son of God, affirming my identity in Him.
- Unique Relationship with the Divine: I cherish my unique relationship with God, inspired by Jesus Christ, the Son of God, who exemplifies a special closeness and connection with the Father.
- Guided by the Holy Spirit: I am guided and inspired by the Holy Spirit of Holiness, living a life that reflects its divine influence and sanctity.
- Participant in Resurrection Power: I am a participant in the resurrection power that raised Jesus from the dead, embodying the hope and victory over death in my own spiritual journey.
Thought of the Day
Today, embrace the empowering truth that just as Jesus was declared the Son of God with power by the Spirit of holiness, you too are called to live in that same power.
Recognize your part in this divine narrative – you are a witness to the resurrection, a testament to Jesus’ victory over death. Let this understanding guide your actions and fill you with a sense of purpose.
You are living under the authority of Christ, empowered by the Holy Spirit, and part of a story that changes the world.
Also see: Bible Verse Study: Romans 1:3
Latest posts by Bigal (see all)
- Represent Your Culture: We Are People Of Faith – Faith Culture - November 24, 2023
- The Power of Faith in Christ: Insights from Matthew 9:2 - November 24, 2023
- I Have Not Found So Great Faith, No, Not in Israel - November 24, 2023